Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Story About Chip

My teenage son went to his first "formal" event today. He was dressed in his suit and tie and went off. The young ladies that met him there, were very excited to see him all dressed up. I must say he looked fine! They were surprised at how good he looks when he is all polished, but he is a 3 carat gem just like his mom!

I asked the young ladies, who looked very nice too, what time the affair was going to be over and their response was 11:00 PM, but my dad is picking us up at 10:30. I told my little chip off the Gemmie, the pumpkin will pick you up at 10:30 too. He had the "what in the %$#@ is she talking about" expression on his face and the girls had to tell him. The girls said "Cinderella Chip!", then he rolled his eyes and said "Oh, Momma Gemmie"...........thinking "MOTHERS ARE SOOOO ANNOYING".

He was given the instructions --- don't talk with your mouth full, a firm handshake and be a gentleman. I am sure that I probably didn't need to give the instructions, but it felt like the motherly thing to do. I didn't embarrass him by giving him a kiss and I am sure he will make me a very proud momma.

1 comment:

Sue said...

What dance? Was it a sweet 16 already? How much fun!