Thursday, November 6, 2008

Homecation

My homecation is all about not doing my job! As a stay at home mom, I am responsible for the caring, clothing, feeding and the general well being of my family. The laundry has to be done, but I didn't do it in the regular way. The mountain was just too big to tackle one load at a time, so I took it to the laundromat. Yes, it cost a few dollars, but it only took two and a half hours to wash, dry & fold six huge loads.

My mornings have been completely dedicated to the satisfaction of me this week. Get up, lounge in my nightgown, make myself a cup of coffee, sit on the couch, watch mindless television and shower before noon. Too bad it can only happen when the kids are home from school......because ideally a house all to myself would make things perfect.

I had a date last night with the man of my dreams--- yes, it was my husband. We went out just the two of us, to an adult restaurant where they change the silverware with every course. I didn't even have to say "leave your brother alone" once. There was adult conversation and no talk about why a cell phone is a necessary accessory for a kid that doesn't even use the regular phone.

I might even bake a decedent chocolate cake this afternoon --- definitely not good for the family or even myself! The bills will not be paid this week, because I am on homecation! They can wait until Monday.

Reality starts again on Monday, but for now, homecation is wonderful. So when anyone asks me next week, "what did you do with the week off?" My answer will be "CERTAINLY NOT MY JOB!"

1 comment:

Sue said...

OOOoh, what restaurant? Sounds good to me :D

Mine homecation is close to the same as yours... Love it!