Friday, November 14, 2008

The Friday Blah's

Yes, I know you are not supposed to have the Friday Blah's, but the weather hasn't been helping. It has been drizzling for the past two days and it is expected to continue until Sunday. The gray and wet weather can make even the happiest person sad.

There was a bright spot though yesterday, my 10 year old son came home from school barely walking, and I asked him "what happened?" Here I am ready to call the police to have the gym teacher arrested for abusing my child, his response was "MOM, I DID 45 lLAPS AT SCHOOLl!!!!", I was still having the teacher arrested at this point and then he handed me a certificate that said "Second Place in the School for Pacer Test". He was second only to a 10 year old girl with 3 inches more legs than my son. So, he was 1st Place for the boys!

Then both boys had basketball rankings last night, the older one was first, he is one of the youngest in the age group, but one of the tallest. He did fine, especially since he never played on an organized team before, but the younger one was dribbling, passing and shooting like a pro. In fact, one of the coach's keep pulling him out ---- I didn't know why. Well, by the end of the session, the coach comes up to me and says "Mrs. Gem?"

"Yes???"

"I would like to have your son on my travel team. I coach the 11 year olds and I think your son is good enough to play with them."

My response was, "He is only 10!", and silently I am thinking -----"OH, no travel."

"Yes, but I want him!" explained the coach.

Hopefully, yesterday's bright spot will begin to spill over into today........ but so far it hasn't!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm a bit blah too. It's dark already. And my computer seems officially dead. Or maybe it's only semi-official??? But it's not good...