Sunday, November 9, 2008

Honey, Come Sit With Me

"Honey, come sit with me" used to mean let's cuddle.......... Today, it meant "Let me have the computer for a while. I want to show you what I want for Christmas." Well, he didn't want to show me a shirt, tie or even a new coat. He is dreaming the BIG CHRISTMAS GIFT DREAM!

He better be VERY, VERY good during the next few weeks, if he thinks Santa is going to spend that kind of cash! Boys toys get very expensive and the older they get the more expensive the toys are! My big boy (hubby) is looking at a "semi-professional" digital camera with additional lenses, carrying case and extra bells and whistles.

What happened to the days when a homemade Christmas card and a thoughtful piece of clothing that matched his blue eyes was more than enough?

Since, he "showed" me his list. I gave him mine............ 1. A diamond fleur de lis necklace 2. A new laptop computer to be used exclusively by me 3. A new desk and updated computer room 4. A new wardrobe and that was just off the top of my head. If I had to make a list for Santa, I bet I could come up with a list as long as my arm.

Now I know what "Honey, come sit with me" means..............

1 comment:

Sue said...

Honey come sit with me can mean other things as well ;)
I love the diamond fleur de lis idea!!!

But actually, I think I want the camera, too. Although I'm conflicted about that, because I do love my camera, and a complicated one would be more... complicated.