Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Beautiful Bunch

I have a beautiful bunch of friends! Yesterday, while I was having lunch with 3 friends, all from different areas of my life I realized how lucky I am. My friends range from casual acquaintances to "tell me your deep dark secrets". I jokingly compared them to a lovely bunch of flowers.

As a lover of flowers, I see the beauty in all. The obvious are roses, lilies, and orchids, but even the flowers others see as weeds are beautiful such as goldenrod and dandelions. Without dandelions, a five year old couldn't give his mom a bouquet of flowers. Without goldenrod, we wouldn't appreciate our health and the good things we enjoy. Roses are beautiful and sweet smelling, but very thorny. Lilies are fragrant and the pollen gets everywhere. Orchids are rare and very delicate.

My friends are roses, lilies, orchids, daisies, tulips, asters, dandelions and yes, even goldenrod. I guess I am just not allergic to goldenrod! To all my friends that I didn't mention a flower for, you are all in my bouquet and you mean more to me than you will ever know. Thank you for making my world more beautiful.

1 comment:

Sue said...

But wait, what flower AM I? I think it's probably a weedy one. Black Eyed Susans? Clover? Thistle? Itchy balls?