Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peace On Earth Or At Least In My Neck Of The World

When struggles happen in my life I am reminded of the song "Let There Be Peace On Earth". Let was a song that was sung just about every week at the end of mass in the Church I grew up in. I don't know if effected everyone in the same way, but it helped me to get along with both of my siblings for at least long enough to get out of the parking lot.

I was reminded of the song last week, when my husband and his sister were battling over what started as "When are we going to see you for Thanksgiving" and it blew out of control when she said we should have consulted her about our family going away for the long weekend. They haven't spoken since, but the next holiday is only a few days away and I told Fred, "life is too short and we only have our siblings, why not offer the olive branch." He agreed and we will be spending Christmas Eve at his sister's house.

I decided to use the same approach with the person I have been having issues with and invited her to a small gathering on Monday evening. She stated that an close relative past away and that the services are on Monday morning that she would probably not be able to attend. I still offered the invitation, stating that a quick, no cook meal might be the thing her and her children need and she was welcome. Then I wished her and her family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I also wished for Peace On Earth or At Least In My Neck Of The World!

No comments: