Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Payday Comes Twice In December

I received another reality check today. This one was "Pay to the Order of Gemmie, The Mother of Rocky".

My younger son's teachers paid me a wonderful compliment on my son, Rocky. Over the past 5 days, my 10 year old has put in approximately 17 hours of community service. He has helped his brother's Boy Scout Troop with their Spaghetti Dinner and his teacher's son with his Eagle Project. Over the weekend, Rocky has helped create the baskets, bring them up from the basement, carry them to the car and into the catering hall, set up the room for the dinner and then served pasta for another 5 and a half hours. Yesterday, one of his teacher's son's was doing his Eagle Project, a Toys for Tots Toy Drive and Family Bingo night at Rocky's school. Rocky said, "he preferred to work on the project, rather than participate as a student." The Eagle candidate agreed and off Rocky went. Rocky performed all the duties asked of him, above and beyond the expectations of all scouts and adults at the project. The leaders of the Boy Scout Troop were more than impressed with the dedication of a 10 year -- not even a Boy Scout yet! Rocky isn't even going to that Troop in February!

I am extremely proud to be the Mother, Den Leader and Friend of my son Rocky! Good Job! Mommy Loves You!

1 comment:

Linda G. said...

Congratulations Rocky!