Monday, December 8, 2008

Imagine How Much You Could Get Done

I can only imagine how much stuff I could get done if I really put my heart and soul into it.

Yesterday, after Church, my sister called to tell me about the family of a child in the school that she teaches at. The family recently left a homeless shelter and have nothing. The family needs just about everything. My sister knew that I had just purchased new sheets and comforters for my son's second bedroom at our weekend home and asked if I still had them. Well, I did. This morning, I could have brought the items to my mother's house and left them for my sister, but I felt that no one should have to suffer in the cold if I could help them. I packed up 3 twin sized comforter sets, a queen size comforter set, 3 sheet sets and 6 bath towel sets and set off to my sister's school. It is not in the best of neighborhoods, but I went. I surprised not only my sister, but her class of 4th and 5th graders, and the principal of the school.

I even read the kids a story "The Polar Express" and they want me to come back to visit them in January. The feeling I had after the whole experience was AMAZING!

I was also able to complete some tasks that I have been putting off, shopping for supplies for Chip's Boy Scout Troop's Spaghetti Dinner this weekend at St. C's church ----3 PM - 8 PM on Saturday for all you locals.

I also created the invitation for my other son, Rocky's Blue & Gold Dinner, and worked on a letter for soliciting ad's and my final farewell letter for the ad booklet.

I also realized that I can not be in two places at once and I asked for help. One, I asked another parent to drive the boys to a OA Meeting and two, I asked other PTO parents to help with the refreshments for Rocky's teacher's son's Eagle Project.

Believe it or not, I even started to decorate my home for Christmas and I did at least one load of laundry.

Like I said IMAGINE!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Your trip to the school sounds like fun.

I wish I had the energy you have! I just wanna take a nap.

Goodnight..... zzzzzz