Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Favorite Recipe

As a busy mom, I need to make dinner quick or real slow. One of my favorite (and family's favorite) is Six Can Casserole.

Items Needed:
A Crock Pot
A Wooden Spoon
& 4-10 Hours

Ingredients:
2 Large Cans of Diced Tomatoes -- Seasoned or Unseasoned (I prefer seasoned, less work)
1 Large Can of String beans drained
1 Large Can of Sliced Black Olives drained
1 Large Can of Mushroom Pieces drained
1 Large Can of Tomato Paste
1.5 Lbs of Chicken Breast (frozen or fresh is fine)
and season to taste (I use Megan's Pantry Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, you can get it at: https://www.meganspantry.com/CherylanneBrennan.aspx , a friend of mine is the consultant)

Add all the ingredients to the Crock Pot and mix with the wooden spoon
Turn on the Crock Pot for 4-10 hours.
Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, egg noodles...........

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I think I would like that, but mr. picky (frankie) doesn't eat olives or mushrooms... I can't wait 'til he goes to school!

Have fun cooking on the snow day!

PS -- I love your new picture, too! I want to click on it and inspect it in detail, but I can't. Oh well, it looks great!