Monday, January 5, 2009

Back To Work, School & Other Things

Monday morning came and winter break is over. I was the first one up today, the alarm clock sounded at 6:45 AM, the sun didn't even want to get up today. Fred rolled over, hit the snooze button and then said "Hon, it's time to get up." and he rolled over again, snoring softly within 30 seconds. I head for the shower, I let the warm water run and as the steam builds up, I climb in. I probably spent way too long under the eye opening water. I reach for the fluffy towel, wrap myself up and day dream about climbing back in bed.

I hear the water running! Oh, no! What's going on!

Chip, the kid that never wants to get out of bed, is not only out of bed, but in the shower twenty minutes early! When he gets out I question him, "why are you up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep!" and this is coming from the kid that sleeps until noon if you let him. He was ready for school a half hour early and he even picked up his dirty clothes.

Next up was Fred, he showered and come out to the kitchen exclaiming "The dry cleaner shrunk my sweater!" This thing was so tight on him he looked like he was trying to stuff 3 pounds of stuffing into a one pound bag. I told him the sweater is not his, it was Chip's. "Oh", was the response, he walked away with relief upon his face.

Now for my early bird, Rocky, he is almost always the first one up, not today, Rocky did not want to see the light of day. "School, YUCK!" I had to practically pull him out of bed! Reluctantly, he got up, got dressed and went off to school.

I left the house five minutes later and was off and running. First, Rocky didn't want to take the bus, so he jumps in the car from the bus stop. I pick up my friend, drop Rocky at school and head for Dunkin' Donuts. Coffee for 3 please, and then off to the middle school. My friend and I had a meeting with the principal this morning about a community carnival. Then off to the Community Center for more carnival things and to a local pizzeria/restaurant for lunch and carnival business. Then I dropped my friend off at her home and then more carnival stuff at another friend's home. I finally got to the elementary school for yet more carnival stuff and a meeting with the principal of the elementary school.

It's a good thing my kids are "good" boys, because otherwise I would be in the Principal's office all the time.

I arrived at home at 2:10, just enough time to put one load of laundry in before the boys come home!

So much for a quiet day at home!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Sounds productive!

What's with the carnival? Sounds interesting!