Friday, April 9, 2010

The Changes Since 9/11

We have all experienced many changes in our lives since 9/11. Today, I took my younger son, a few of his friends and their moms to Manhattan. The boys are working on their Coin Collecting Merit Badge for Boy Scouts. I decided to take them to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and to the Stock Exchange for a lesson on money. Well......., you now need a reservation to visit the Fed. and the Stock Exchange has suspended all tours indefinitely. A great big thank you to my husband and one of his clients, because without him our trip to NYC would have been for nothing. On Wednesday, my hubby said I should call the ANS and see if they could set up a tour for you. He sent an email and put me in contact with the Administrator of the ANS. The Administrator of the ANS arranged for a docent to show us around the exhibit at the Federal Reserve.

We arrived at the Fed at 10:00 AM and were met by 2 armed guards. "Reservations and IDs Please" was the greeting we received. We had no reservations, just the name of the docent and the name of the administrator of the ANS (and a copy of the email my hubby sent to his client and the request to the Director of the ANS). At that point, we were ushered into the Fed and given the grand tour!

Thank you so much............Now remember you need a reservation to go to many of the places we used to take for granted........before taking that impulsive road trip, do a little planning!

1 comment:

The Iselin Times said...

I remember the tour we did of the Federal Reserve. It was quite interesting...